Contact info: email@example.com
Please read this before commissioning me!
All commissions follow these terms unless otherwise specified! I retain the right to decline any commission for any reason.
If you send me the payment I will consider you aware of and agreeing to these Terms of Service.
By agreeing these terms you (the client) agree that my ToS (this text) supersedes any ToS you (the client) may have.
- Most or all commission related communication will be done via e-mail or commission forms.
- I do not discuss commission details on instant messengers.
- If you give me extra information about your commission outside e-mail, I will not be held liable if I forget or disregard said information.
- I only accept payments and commissions from users over the age of 18 years.
- Payment will be asked upfront; however with larger commissions (200+ usd in value) a payment plan can be discussed.
- Payments should be made within 48 hours of commission being accepted/invoiced, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Currently I only take payments via PayPal. Sometimes I might offer commissions with alternative means of payment, but these are exceptions and please do not inquire about them unless I have specifically offered them. I will not take payments in site currencies such as deviantArt points, even if those currencies have monetary value.
- Main currency used is USD (US dollar), but I also occasionally take commissions in EUR.
- Prices listed on my basic price sheet are base prices only, and there might be extra fees for more complex subject matters.
COPYRIGHT & RE-POSTING POLICY
- I, the artist, will hold the full copyright to the work unless otherwise agreed upon. You have the right to repost the work to your own gallery as long as I am properly credited. Repost only lower resolution version in public galleries. The commissioner can use the artwork created by me as a reference for other artworks.
- I, the artist, have the full right to use the commissioned artwork to promote my art galleries, commission openings and other similar things.
- I have the right to post the artwork to my gallery should I so desire;
- however there is a possibility of private commissions in which case we both agree not to post the artwork online. However this does not mean you are the copyright holder. If you decide to make the private artwork public at any time, I will also have the right to post the artwork publicly afterwards.
- Private commissions cost +100% of the original price; or possibly more, depending on what kind of terms you want to add to the commission.
- If you do not want to have the artwork linked to you and do not wish to pay the full private commission fee, I can also agree to post an altered version of the piece online; this means changing the character so it does not resemble your character. This procedure will have either 5 usd or 20% extra fee, depending on which one is higher.
- If you wish to purchase copyright, please contact me and it can be discussed.
- Please, do not repost WIP (“work in process”) previews of the work to public galleries, no exceptions.
ART COMPLETION AND REFUNDS
- Speedpaints, sketches, character designs or sale commissions do not have WIP (“work in process”) stages shown.
- For finished artworks will offer no big revisions, but I will fix mistakes if I made any.
- If you approve sketch/lineart/coloring I will not be going back to make any revisions, so pay attention to what you approve!
- Excessive edits might be subject to extra charge.
- If your reference is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise unclear, edits might be subject to extra charges. Please supply me with your best references and let me know about important details beforehand!
- If the work is taking me more than six months to complete the artwork OR offer you a deadline/estimated time of completion, you may contact me and inquire about a partial refund.
- If you want a special deadline for your work, please tell me beforehand. If your deadline requires a “rushwork” [a work that is urgent and has to go to the top of my queue so that is made in time, not a piece of artwork that is rushed in itself] it will be subject to extra fees.
- If you need to cancel the commission you will be refunded what you initially paid minus compensation for work already done. You will get the unfinished artwork finished to the latest stage (ie. if you ask for a refund when I’m in progress of inking, I will ink the artwork and not leave the inking unfinished). I will not refund already finished works nor works that are roughly 90% complete.
- If I have to cancel the commission for whatever reason you will be refunded the full price, regardless of the stage the commission was at. You do not automatically get the WIP artwork, but you can ask to purchase it for less than full commission price.
- I may reuse rejected/cancelled commission sketches for YCH (“Your Character Here”) commissions or personal projects, edited and finished to not resemble your (the original commissioner) characters.
- Your commission, unless private, may be worked during a public stream. Private commissions will never be streamed for the public.
- I currently do not stream on schedule, so I cannot guarantee I will stream your artwork.
- I am an artist who prefers to have some freedom while working. Therefore, extremely specific requests might be subject to extra fees especially if multiple revisions are needed.
- I am an artist who prefers to work from clear drawn/3d image references as opposed to photos of real life people or text descriptions or “image collection” galleries. More often than not accurate drawn/3d modeled/screenshot picture references are mandatory — using photos, text or pictures that are not of your character as your primary reference are often subject to an extra fee. I am not responsible for mistakes in my art that are due inaccurate or insufficient references.
- If you want to add watermarks on the piece, do so in a way that does not obstruct or overshadow my signature, watermark or name.
- The client may resize and crop the finished artwork for personal graphics such as icons and forum signatures, their personal tumblr theme and the like, and do minor alterations (for example making the picture grayscale, enhancing colors with Photoshop filters, or adding text) on the resulting graphic, but the original artwork should not be given major alterations without my explicit permission. If you want to modify my artwork in any significant way (e.g. coloring the lineart, adjusting details) please contact me for a permission.
- Profiting from the artwork is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, selling prints, uploading the artwork on pay sites and using my artwork to promote your own commercial/paid projects, even if the artwork is not part of the project otherwise. Do not use my artwork to promote your Patreon or other crowdfunding project, unless otherwise agreed upon. If you want to use my artwork for commercial projects, please contact me and ask first!
- When the work is finished, I will send the client only the finished artwork, usually in either JPG or PNG format unless otherwise specified. I do not give out my work files by default.
- If clients see my art of their characters posted on sites they do not want the art to be on (pinterest, booru sites, etc.) they have the right to issue a DMCA/takedown request in my stead. The only exception is if the artwork has been posted by the artist (ie. me).